The City of Powell River has announced that BC Hydro will be making electrical system improvements in the Powell River area. To ensure the safety of the BC Hydro work crew, it will be necessary to interrupt electrical service for approximately 10 hours on Wednesday, March 16, 2016, and Thursday, March 17, 2016.
The following outlines the status of the City’s facilities that will be impacted during the BC Hydro’s scheduled outages.
- Joyce and Duncan Traffic Lights will be energized with a generator allowing normal operation.
- Joyce and Glacier Traffic Lights will be energized with a generator allowing normal operation.
- Joyce and Nootka Pedestrian crossing will not be operational but will be signed accordingly.
- City Hall will be energized allowing for normal operating hours.
- City’s sanitary sewer facilities in the outage area will be operated as normal with power from generators.
- Marine and Wharf Traffic Lights will be energized with a generator allowing normal operation.
- Westview North and South Harbours will not be energized and washrooms will be closed during the outage.
Follow the Links below to view maps of the areas impacted by upcoming outages:
These are the last two outages related to the voltage conversion work (upgrading circuits from 12kV to 25kV) that has been ongoing in Powell River since last year.