You asked for it Powell River and now we’re half way there! CJMP’s ‘Top the Tower’ Fundraising Campaign hopes to raise the final $15,000 to pay to move our antennae to higher ground, tripling our broadcasting range into all parts of our region, plus Courtenay and Comox. This big step forward will increase our listenership to a potential 50,000 people!
Donate or pledge to Top the Tower at http://cjmp.ca/15k or mail us/drop off a cheque c/o Powell River Community Radio Society (or PRCRS) at 4476C Marine Avenue, Powell River, BC, V8A 2K2.
For the duration of the Spring 2016 Funding Drive, all donations of $20 or over will grant the donor one year of membership. If the donor is an existing annual member, this will add another year to that donor’s membership. If the donor is an existing sustaining or lifetime member, the donation will add no extra term of membership.
Listen to CJMP 90.1 FM or on-line at http://cjmp.ca/listen, during the week of April 30th – May 7th, 2016, for special programming. During the week you will find our pop-up radio station at various locations around town, so drop by and say hi! Here’s where we will be:
- Tues, May 3 – Inside TC Mall 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Wed, May 4 – Tla’amin Convenience Store 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Thurs May 5 – Community Resource Centre 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Fri May 6 – MLA Nicholas Simons’ office 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Fri May 6 – Basecamp 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Here are some upcoming CJMP Community Radio events:
- April 26 @ 6-7 pm: Volunteer & Programmers meeting at CJMP Studio, everyone welcome
- April 27th & May 4th @ 6-8 pm: CJMP News Workshop: CRC News workshop on April 27; Tech workshop on May 4. Same time and place
- April 30 @ 9 am to noon: Reuse-A-Thon Benefit Garage Sale for CJMP and the Community Resource Centre, above Westview Bowling alley
- April 30 – May 7: Top the Tower Fundraising Campaign
- May 7 @ 8 pm – 1 am: The CJMP People’s Prom at Carlson Community Club Ballroom
- Tuesdays @ 5-7 pm: CJMP Open-House Volunteer Drop in anytime!