CJMP 90.1 FM will be at five locations over four days as part of the ‘Top the Tower’ Fund Drive campaign.
“We are asking for the community’s help to raise funds so CJMP public radio can reach all parts of the community it serves – Lang Bay to Lund and over to Texada Island, as well as to Courtenay and Comox,” said CJMP manager, Mel Edgar.
“Pop-up radio is a great opportunity to meet some of the station’s programmers, learn about CJMP 90.1 FM and support locally sourced community radio right here in Powell River”, Mel added.
Look for CJMP Pop-up Radio at the following times and places:
- Tuesday, May 3 at Town Centre Mall, noon – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 4 at Tla’amin Convenience Store, noon – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, May 5 at the Community Resource Centre, noon – 2:00 pm
- Friday, May 6 at MLA Nicholas Simons’ office (4675 Marine Ave), noon – 2:00 pm
- Friday, May 6 at Base Camp, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
“There will be banter, silliness, song and the opportunity for serious talk about what Powell River Community Radio has to offer,” Mel said. “And dont forget, for the week of the Fund Drive, all donations over $20 include a free yearly membership.”